So it's been a while.
I've made a lot of progress with the duet. It doesn't sound as bad in tune anymore. The shifting has gotten much easier. It wasn't really all the shifting that would mess me up but mainly the notes that I couldn't figure out a way to get to them fast enough so it doesn't sound like a cat dying when I attempt it. And I'm getting much better at tempo without having to use the metronome. However I have not sped it up much so that could be a good reason why foot automatically starts tapping the beat I've been using for months. There really isn't much new with Bouree, I've been focusing a lot on the duet.
Orchestra camp was really awesome even though we think the staff was trying to poison us with the food. I actually did practice some of my pieces during our free time. I definitely beat any week I've thought was amazing on practice time. We practiced so much that by the end of the day people were giving each other back rubs. Here you can see for yourself how it was.
Sunday= 1 hr 45 min Monday= 7 hr Tuesday= 7 hr Wednesday= 7 hr 30 min Thursday= 7 hr 45 min Friday(including our concert)= 6 hr 30m min For a grand total of (drum roll) 37 hours and 30 minutes! I'm pretty sure there is no possible way I could do that on my own, I would throw that kind of schedule in the garbage right after making it.
Hungarian Dance No. 6 arrived today, like I said on twitter, just in time for the project to be over. I could of really used the practice time over the summer too. I have no idea what I have gotten my self into with this song. I'm not quite sure of the position yet (I think it's pretty close to the end of the fingerboard but it is a B flat. I was righta bout the key signature, it is in B flat major but there are a couple of lines that go into D flat major. Fun, fun, fun. I'm going to have to work my butt off if I plan on getting this song down in my lifetime!
I almost forgot! I did play outside one day but I had to wait until the evening because of the humidity then it got dark within a half hour so playing outside didn't wrk to well. Plus it was kind of embarrassing every time I made a mistake because most of my neighbors could hear it. I must admit it was nice and peaceful though. I guess I'll just have to wait until the fall and I have the song down.
No comments:
Post a Comment