I came back from Florida a couple days ago, after being there for 2 weeks so I have a lot to tell. The first week I was there I stayed with my grandparents who I hardly get to see, but love dearly.
I suffered the loss of my grandfather on the other side of the family earlier this year and so spending time with my grandparents in Florida was important to me. I flew down a week before my parents and sisters drove down, just so I could have a little alone time with them.
My grandfather that lives in Florida is amazing and is a saint. His wife, my grandmother, is kind of mean and very judgmental, but he puts up with her and her weird ways. These last few months for them have been very stressful too, because my grandpa had a stroke in late May. It had rendered him incapable of talking or using the whole right side of his body.
It has gotten better now and he can talk alright, sometimes he is really hard to understand and you can definitely tell his good days from his bad days. He has regained most of the use of his right side, mostly his hand. But even with him getting most of everything back it is still really hard on him and her. His already questionable driving is now plain scary and I was often scared for my life while riding with him.
On top of it being hard to communicate with him because you always had to really think about what he could be trying to say, he had an ear infection in both ears so he couldn't hear you. He usually wears hearing aids and with the ear infections he could not, so he had to strain to hear me and I had to strain to understand him. With both of these things effecting my grandfather, my grandmother made fun of him all the time. It really took a toll on me to see him like this. The last year has aged him more than I can believe.
Ok well this blog is suppose to be about my pictures I took there so let me get to that and stop rambling on about stuff no one cares about.
I took LOT'S of pictures there. My grandparents house is beautiful and it would be hard to find a house better decorated then theirs. I took fifty some pictures of clocks in their house because my grandmother has an obsession with clocks. Their pool is very nice sized so i took pictures of that, and of course my camera is waterproof so I took pictures inside the pool. I took pictures of every square inch of that house because I am never there. I probably have enough pictures to do a whole scrapbook of their house. So a whole section of the scrap book that I do make will be their house, my first week in Florida.
No comments:
Post a Comment