So, It's been all summer. I have read the book, i have taken notes. I have even pretty much completed the project(as far as AP LA is concerned). Now have i learned my lesson? In life, there is reason. Now i know us kids will say there is not a reason for everything. Many times we question adults and they give us the "because", and we fire back "why because", and then the usual be all, end all statement--"because i said so". However, i do believe everything in life there is a reason. I was never one to sit down and study. Especially for something as far off as the ACT. I knew it was important, however i just did not want to put the work into it. Yes, i am lazy. Who isn't? Well, there was a particular statement in
Animal, vegetable, miracle that struck home. "Most of us are creatures so comforted by habit, it can take something on the order of religion to invoke new, more conscious behaviors--however glad we may be afterward that we went to the trouble" Yes, we are creatures of habits--typically bad habits, but if we make a conscious effort, we can do something. It may be hard. Trust me, i know how hard it was to choose between sleep and this project. But in the end we have the ability to do something that will pay off. That is why i chose to do something with the ACT because in the end I KNOW, it is the most important test i will ever have to take. The little extra effort, will go a long way. In AVM, her little effort led to a healthier life. My project will lead to a better future for myself. In brief, the projects were similar because we both chose to better ourselves in some way.
I do believe this project was an overall success, even if it did not go as planned.
I will leave you with a poem that i feel fits in perfect with this project.
What is success
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo is amazing, I love his quotes.
ReplyDelete