Saturday, August 14, 2010
Post 6
Tomorrow I'm heading to Lansing for the freestyle competition !!!!! I'm getting really nervous but I think that I will do well. I had a lesson this morning and I ran through my program a lot with music. Everything is looking better except for my timing with the music. I am behind the music by a few seconds so it is ending before I am done skating. Hopefully I can fix this problem because if I am going a little too fast when I'm practicing then I am going to speed through my program when I get nervous at the competition. The very first and last few practices before testing, a competition, or even show are some of the most important practices. During the first practices you are just starting to learn your program and you're picking out your music but there is not that much pressure on you to perfect it. The last practices are when you really focus on the small details of your program like your arms and your head. What you do with your arms in the program is important but it mostly just makes everything look better. It is necessary to use your arms when you are going into a jump or spin and when you are checking out of it. Sharp head turns and smiling will also look better to the judges because it looks like you are having fun and it makes you look more professional. Well after this competition I am only going to have about 2 weeks before testing. At the beginning of the summer I was not sure if I would stick to all of my goals that I was setting for myself at skating but so far I have. That's about all for this week, I will have even more to talk about after tomorrow. Wish me luck in Lansing!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Luck! Could you have someone video tape you for us?
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! But at the competition people in the audience are not allowed to take pictures or video tape us but I when I get back I will have someone video tape me doing the program and then I will post that.
ReplyDelete