Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Final Blog Entry!

This is it! The moment you've all been waiting for (not really, but still)! It's time to write my last blog and finish this project up for good. If you didn't know, I've already written eight entries, but I had time for a ninth, so I decided to do one. Well, I wasn't able to do anything on my project, but it's ok, because I accomplished what I said I would, and that's what matters for now. That's all for this part, now I'm going to start the essay in the next paragraph.

Essay Connecting My Project to Kingsolver's

This final entry is where I am supposed to connect my project, which was writing a cadence, to Barbara Kingsolver's project in her book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, which was growing what they eat, and buying everything else locally. They may seem very different, but they have some things in common. I am going to show a few examples in this essay.

For starters, Kingsolver didn't focus on just one food at a time. She did a little bit of everything. Likewise, I also didn't write one instrument's part at a time. I wrote a little bit of each instrument's part each week. It's smart doing it that way because it helps you space out your time, and gives you more options.

Another thing is that different parts of the project require different skills, and can take different amounts of time. For example, planting tons of vegetables was probably harder than collecting the eggs laid by chickens for Kingsolver, and it also probably requires some knowledge of how far to space the seeds, and how deep to place them. In my project, writing the solos was harder than writing an intro. However, you need to know what each instrument sounds like in order to know what goes together in an intro, whereas in a solo, it's just one instrument, so that doesn't matter

Also, Kingsolver didn't procrastinate when it came to getting things done in time, and neither did I. This post is proof in it of itself, seeing as how I had time to do a post above and beyond the requirements. I don't like having to do a lot of things in a short amount of time, that's why I did a bit each week.

In conclusion, you could say that even though Kingsolver's project has nothing to do with mine as far as the subject, it has many similarities nonetheless. This may be a short essay, but I think I got my point across pretty well. I hope others agree with me.

Well, that's the end of the essay. Which means that this is the end of a very long, but fulfilling project. Like I said a long time ago, I'm glad to have had this chance to do something like this. Plus, I've got something to show for it that I wanted to do anyways, and this gave me the motivation to do it. So that's all for this summer, and also for this blog, at least for this year. Who knows what next year will bring. Anyways, see you in a week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment