Volunteering at OATS has been a great experience for me. IT has improved my skills with horses, being a leader, taking responsibilty, patience, and above all it has taught me to never underestimate someone. Working with horses again though has made me realize how much I miss riding horses myself. I thought maybe it was time to start again. I called my old trainer and she said of course I could start riding lessons again! It was so exciting knowing that I was going to go back.
The Riding barn that I used to ride at is called Huntington Ridge. It is beautiful. I would love it out there even if I was not riding. Well monday was my first day back there in almost three years!! Being there again was great, but i was a little nervous about my lesson. So I go into the barn looking for Stephanie(my trainer) and I could not find her anywhere. Then I called her and apparently the lesson was canceled and she forgot to call me! It was no big deal though. She told me to free ride, just walk, trot, and canter, to get my riding legs back so I would not be as scared when i began to jump again. Steph told me to ride Tank. This horse is named tank because he is! he is a beast. Riding again was awesome. I cannot believe how much I actually missed it. There was no reason to be afraid, I never should have let fear stop me from riding before, but I know that now. It was so cool having the riding ring to Tank and I. No worries, or cares, just riding. Getting back in the saddle again was amazing. I am bit sore though, but it was worth it. :)
I have not been able to go to OATS for a while, so that is why I came up with a way to make my project continue. OATS has inspired and helped so many people, including myself, and it will continue to help and inspire many more lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment