So, the Internet at my house is currently not working, so I have made a trip to the Library with my laptop to post. I get here, get my laptop out, it won't work. Ugh! I am instead on the Library computer. I am not digging the keyboard, but all of that is beside the point.
Also another random fact. In my reading. I noticed that in Animal, Vegetable, Miracle she starts a sentence with the word But. I did not think this was allowed, or was that just me?
I still continue to keep busy with work and all, but I am actually managing to get more of my reading done. I am not near finished, but I am further now than I was a week ago. Yay improvement! :D
Anyway, to my project. I feel like I am at a stand still. Things don't seem to be changing anymore. Though I like how far I have come, I think after a while your body gets too used to something and it doesn't effect it as much. I am now trying to figure out if their might some completely different, new exercise I could try to make a change and maybe begin seeing results again.
I heard one the girls at work talking the other day about a Zumba class, lol. Sounds kinda fun, it's like a type of dance exercise class. I found that their are actually Zumba classes nearby. Places like the Waterford Parks and Rec Center, the Dance Shoppe, the Dance Place Ltd, and a few other places nearby on various nights of the week.
To anyone who has ever seen iCarly, I have considered doing a "Spencer workout". Many of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Their was an episode of iCarly where every so often throughout the day Spencer would do a random 30 second exercise. It was hilarious to watch, but looked kinda fun at the same time. Just something to consider.
I have recently begun to ask myself a few questions, "1.) What are you actually getting out of this project? 2.) Are you learning anything from it? 3.) Is anyone else noticing a difference?" I started thinking about those questions, and came to realize that things are actually going pretty good. 1.) I am realizing how the slightest bit of laziness can effect you. If you plan to just stop something for even the shortest period of time, you just might not come back to it. Consistency is everything. 2.) I have learned not to let myself make excuses why I don't want to do something that day. Excuses are unacceptable. Procrastination has been a problem for me for sooo long and I am not going to let it be anymore. This lesson seems to be helping with more than just working-out, but with other things also. I feel that this school will be different and I will Not procrastinate as much. 3.) Even if non of my friends see a difference, my family has. I have noticed myself, but my family noticing and saying things to me is just a super cool feeling.
Well, until next time, (when hopefully my Internet is working) have a great week all.
-Gisele (:
Gisele,
ReplyDeleteJust to your point on starting sentences with words like 'but': rules like this don't actually exist in writing. Yes, when you're a young writer your teachers try to instruct you that perhaps it isn't a good idea to start with 'and', 'but', or 'because'. And they will tell you to avoid first or second person, and all sorts of other rules for good writing. But once you know them, you can start to bend them to work for you (see? a sentence that starts with 'but'!). Good writing pushes beyond these boundaries. This is one of the focus areas for this year's class. We'll talk more when school starts!