Monday, August 2, 2010
Post Five
This week I feel as if I have accomplished very little. I have had the most amazing week, but by looking at my scrapbook, you wouldn't know. Lately, with all the activities that I've been doing I've had very little to time to work on my project. Obviously, I don't regret this because my project is based off of my summer. Without me doing things, it'd be a very boring scrapbook. Starting off with the beginning of this week I hung out with some of my really close friends. We went to the wave pool, then we all went out to eat. After, we of course went to Meijer and being the mature girls we are, decided to ride around in a cart with a bench. All 5 of us crammed into a cart running around the store having sword fights before we were finally threatened to be kicked out. We of course picked up smore making materials and went on our way. Friday was Warped tour. This year was my first warped tour and it was not only a highlight to my summer, but definitely my life. The first band we saw was Ice Nine Kills, followed by Bring Me The Horizon. Although I've been to 20+ concerts, I'd never been in a crowd as intense as this one. From the moment the band came out my shoes came off within 3 seconds of their performance. After that, we were being pushed and shoved in every direction possible. Honestly, one of the most amazing experiences, as odd as that may seem. After that we saw one of my favorite bands, Alesana. This was my fourth time seeing them, front and center for their entire performance, as always. Their stage presence was amazing, Shawn Milke, the guitarist and side vocals made so much eye contact and came into the crowd so many times although he had a broken rib and after singing along to every song, I ended up catching Shawns guitar pick, which pretty much made my day. After that we saw one more band, The Word Alive. After their set, we went to find Ice Nine Kills and we ended up having a private acoustic set by their van with the lead singer, Spencer.It was more than I expected out of that day and definitely can't wait for next year. Maybe procrastination is a good thing, it makes me remember everything clearer. Maybe it's just an excuse. What I do know is, I have to catch up on my letters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment