Well as I've looked back at everything I've done this summer I realised it was never really about my family history, it was about my dad's side of the family. I'm extremely intruigued with all the emotions linked to the family, so many secrects hidden behind locked doors. The reason why I feel so compeled to understand these secrets is because I hear little bits and peices about them but never the whole story. Also, because they are so high-stress tales and emotion filled, is the reason this project didn't get quite as much information as I would have liked. Though I'm going to write down in my notebook tomorrow everything I do understand about it, as long as the information doesn't get too much like gossip, this is my family I'm talking about after all.
So with that said, the trip to the museum yet again failed. Big shocker there. My face still hurts, it didn't heal as fast as I thought it would and I have some nasty looking green bruises. Thankfully I had the surgery after pictures. Also, the family buisness my dad runs isn't doing to great (like everything else in Michigan right now) and I don't really want to put the stress that a trip down memory row would cause him; he has enough stress to deal with right now. If you're wondering, yes it would be hard for him to go to the museum, he had it rough as a jewish kid (I can just imagine, I get offended by jokes and I only celebrate some of the holidays/ traditions and most kids don't know it, or just forget.) Anyway, the trip will probably take place some time into the school year when this project is long over with.
Now on to what I'm doing this week. A couple days ago I took pictures of a lot of the documents in my grandma's suitcase. I'm going to print them, lable them and put them in a binder. It will just show an idea of what I had to look at, go from, and all that was left after she died. I also made copies of a somewhat ledgible letter, and am hoping to make re-write a copy of it in german so it's easier to translate and then also actually translate it, some words I'll know and some I'll have to look up. It's just going to be a rough idea of what was said. Also there was a typed letter that I made a copy of. I'm not sure if it even has any meaning, since it might just be an offical letter or something of those accords, but I thought it might be something else.
One thing I decided while making copies these past days is that I am going to save everything that happens, even if it is a mess up and lable it so. This way I don't lose anything possibly important or look back and wish I had kept something. Its kind of what scientist do when conducting a lab, but I think it has good principal behind it so I'm sticking it to.
On a last note, I found a good connection with the Animal, Veggie, Mirical book and my project, but I'll save the details of that one for my final blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment