Okay, so this week my mission was to make up for last week’s lack of new foods due to my vacation. So as I took my stroll at the local grocery store I found different kinds of veggie/meatless/soy burgers. Generally they all have less saturated fat than lean ground beef and even chicken and turkey. They also have fewer calories, but are still lacking in protein. Soy burgers have soy protein which helps a bit, that’s why I went with Boca burgers with fourteen grams compared to eighteen grams of protein. I was scared to try them, thinking it would be dramatic in taste but really it’s just like the difference between Coke and Pepsi. There was a difference but it tasted good, to the point I don’t think I would care if I had one of my Boca burgers or hamburger.
Another food I tried this week isn’t necessarily vegetarian but surprising. Goat cheese, yeah mahhaha to you too. I know it’s less in calories and fat to cow’s cream cheese but still a goat, that’s just weird. After trying the alien cheese it wasn’t far from regular mild white cheese, just more thick I guess. I suppose it would be best on a cracker or with something salty. Maybe the taste lingers in your mouth a little too long but aside from that, it was some awesome cheese.
Mission for next week: My grandmother was thinking about having me try out some salmon burgers, and from my last encounter with salmon I’m a bit worried. Maybe with some different seasoning and a bun it won’t taste like cat food, but who knows. Come on Lauren, you might like it! Also I was reading some one’s blog and they had said something about eggplant parmesan which I bet my stepmom could make real nice! Early on in my vegetarian adventure I think I said I wanted to try so woot woot! The reason I said my stepmom would be able to make it is because she makes spaghetti squash all the time! Which her spaghetti squash is the bomb by the way! We’ll see, I am really busy next week I hope I can complete my mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment