Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Studying more people as hosts

I've been studying everyone as a host/hostess lately, I try to notice things that I wouldn't used to notice before this project. I'm also making sure I don't take for granted the things people do when they have people over at their home. The other night when I was at a party for my friend that his girlfriend through I was very impressed by how on top of everything she was. I feel like we are so dependent on our parents to organize everything for us, but it won't be long untill we out in that scary world without our parents to guide our every step. The girl who through this party has graduated this past year, so she is wiser, so I wanted to learn from her.
Since this was a party of teenagers, we were all hungry, so there had to be plenty of food. My friend took care of all of this, she made sure everyone had enough of everything, and if needed she would refill things when they were low. She would pick up the pop cans when we left them. When I have people over I clean some, but I'm never on top of it like she was. I will be changing this.
Everyone wanted to talk to the hostess, and she balanced everything so perfectly, she had time for all these people who wanted to just sit and laugh and talk, and also make everything perfect and organized. When someone needed something, she was on it, she never dawdled, as my mom would call it. She made sure no one was bored. I plan to take all of this, as well as what I got from watching Kim, to be a better hostess. Though... sometimes I wish there was a better word for hostess.

No comments:

Post a Comment