Monday, August 30, 2010

6 down, 2 to go!

I believe this will be my 6th blog for the summer even though it should probably be around my final one. The end of summer procrastination has got to me and between all the football, lawn mowing, and need to live up what is left of my summer vacation has slowly been pushing my blogging to the bottom of my to-do list. Can you believe we only have one week left? I am proud to announce though, that my books are done and I have been doing a lot of thinking on how my project and Kingsolver are related, but I’ll save that for the last blog. It felt like a large weight was lifted off my chest when I read Mr. Wilson’s e-mail about how some people’s projects have been changing half way through the summer and that that was okay because that is exactly what mine has done. I know I mentioned it in my last blog, but I was still a little unsure on if it was okay or not. But I am now certain that my project isn’t just over weight lifting. My project is over my whole summer football experience including weight lifting and my practices. Now, my last blog was about the week of conditioning before practice had started and I thought this one should be about our actual practice. The first week of practice was two-a-days, which meant we had practice from 9 in the morning to 3 o’clock. NOT FUN considering all the running we still had to do and in the intense temperatures. But other than that it wasn’t that bad. A lot of the second week was preparing for our scrimmage that was supposed to be that Friday, but after getting there it was called off because of tornado warnings and a huge lightening storm. I think we still could have played though. We ended up doing our own scrimmage the next day to make up for it which ended up going really well with no clouds in sight. To go along with football practice, we still do some lifting during the week too. I have not tried maxing out in a while but next time I’m in there and get the chance I’m going to see if I reached my goal! Stronger every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment