Starting off this week was a drive to Sears. I was i nthe porcess of practicing my driving when my mother came up with the idea to bring the chain into Sears and to see if they could cut it. At this point, I was up for anything. After a good drive we arrived at sears and told one of the employies of my predicament. We then, with the employie, went through a selection of diferent cutters for the job. then finaly, we found a pair of miniature bolt cutters which sliced through the wire. We took these cutters home then put them to use. a Hundred rings later, the cutters look the same as they did the day we purchased them. Finaly, it looks like i can begin construction. The entire first day I spent on my livingroom floor cutting rings untill my hands could take the pain. And then I began the tedious work of weaving the rings. With my needlenose pliers at hand I quickly made a long chain of one ring by two rings untill I made 5 groups of 1-4 assemblies (1. one ring with four rings connected to the one) I then connected two of the five chains(2) together using five rings down the chain to connect them(3). After two days of this, I tried to connect the two groups of two chains, and then I ran into a problem, i could not connect them. No mader how i turned and twisted the groups or how i attemped to connect the rings, it would never lay right. Aftert a day of strugling, I looked up my mistake.
I was making these rings to fast that I i did not use the proper technique. I was taking one ring then attaching four rings to this one ring, and then attaching another ring with two ring attached to two of these rings although it looked right, when it came to attaching them it became impossable. The correct method is to take one ring and loop four rings onto to it, attach a sing ring to both of the two rings, and then add two more rings to the top single ring, then invert the middle ring (6) and repeat. This process take up much more time but when it coems time to connect the groups, it is much easier.
[I apologies for not taking my own pictures of this, but my camera cant connect to my computer]

(3) (1/4)
(2)

No comments:
Post a Comment