Alright fellow Bloggers, I can honestly say summer is coming to a quick and abrupt end. Mostly because of football, but no complaints. I am going to take this opportunity to make this essay over 600 words, and do a little bit of catch up on the subject of the ACT. Now, This project has not been easy. I feel that there has been many successes, and some surprising failures. I believe this would be appropriate to blog about.
As I read more and more of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle-- I come to realize that the project i picked was more appropriate than i first thought. Some of you may wonder what i mean. Well, in the book the author attacks a problem facing America, obesity. My project Directly deals with another issue facing nearly every student in the united states. Standardized tests, and how to beat them. In that respect i feel that this project was a success. I was able to come up with a problem that not only effect the people i know, but also is relevant in every students 11th and 12th grade years.
I also believe this project was a success on another level, i was able to help someone else with their act, and by doing that i learned alot about the test itself, and i also learned the difficulties in teaching. I have found that we as students, definitely take teachers and what they do for granted, countless lesson plans, practice test making ect. It took a lot of extra effort that i was unaware of. So by doing this project i have found a greater appreciation for the little things that teachers do for us.
Now, this project came with its failures. Countless times, i had prepared a practice test, and the student was not able to meet. I have several versions, sitting unused right now. I do not believe it is the student's fault, but summer has mad it very difficult to tutor, or find the motivation to do anything school related at all. For example reading animal, vegetable, miracle, or go see a movie. Practicing for the ACT test after a long football practice, or sleep. These are definately the questions i struggled with this summer. I am sure many of you have had the same problems and this sounds very familiar.
Despite the problems i had with this project i feel it has been pretty rewarding, and it isn't over yet. I still plan on doing more research on this ACT, and completing the Princeton review book. Which by the way, if you are interested in a good review to the act i HIGHLY recommended the Princeton review with DVD. The DVD really lays it all out there in simple terms, and the book itself contains four practice tests and a TON of strategies. It was and still is a great help to me in my project.
Well, to some up this reflection at the mid way point. I really enjoy this project, the freedom of choosing your own work, and blogging about it have definitely been a cool experience. I also believe i am doing something that is actually important to me. Which makes this summer project that much more bearable. I still have a little bit of Animal, vegetable, miracle to read and it is getting to be a little easier to read once you get into it a little more. As many of you know it was quite a slow read at the start. Look guys, i know that it is getting harder, i will admit, with football starting tomorrow, and games starting before school even starts, its going to get tough. But We can do this you guys, Don't give up and do not stress out. Good luck fellow bloggers, You will hear from me again next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment