Monday, August 30, 2010

Eighth Post: The Final Act

This summer has been unlike any other in the past. I've had more determination, been more stressed and felt more accompished than ever. I feel I've changes in a bunch of small ways, both physically and mentally. As insignificant and completely non-deep my project was, I feel like it turned out to be more than I'd expected.

When I set goals for myself at the beginning of the summer I felt deep down that I wouldn't accomplish anything. I guess that's my cynical side or something. I didn't think something amazing could happen, but I surprised myself. My goal was to lose 30 pounds and lose at least one pant size. But as the summer went on, it wasn't about things like that anymore. I ended up trying to give myself more confidence. When you have low self-esteme, it can mess with every aspect of your life. Now, I actually just feel more content being me. I didn't expect that kind of change in myself at all. It's a nice feeling.

Now to the actual results. :) I lost (Drum roll, please!!) 15 pounds and almost two pant sizes! Yesss! It's true. I didn't lose the the 30 pounds I wanted to lose, but I don't care all that much. I dropped a dress size and a half! Can't wait for homecoming dress shopping! Plus, in addition to the wieght I lost, I toned up alot. My legs lost alot of flub and are nor like rock hard and it's amazing. My arms are more toned, as well as my abs. I figure it's possible that, since muscle weighs more than fat, that I lost more than 15 pounds of body fat and just gained more back in muscle. Another awesome thing!

I never thought I would accomplish so much. I'm pretty sure this was how Barbara Kingslover felt when she finished her organic food experiment. She had accomplished something she felt strongly about. She changed her lifestyle and eating habits, and so did I. It was hard at first, but we both succeeded in the end. So yay for that!

I've never been one to perservere, but I did so all summer. I finished my AP reading, my essay is basically done (just needs to be typed) and I only have a few more rows left on my In Fact charts. I'm just very proud of this summer. I'll be entering my junior year with more confidence, and on the right foot with my finished summer work. Ha. Procrastination just barely got to me. :)

So this will be my last post, unless I for some reason need to say something else? I don't know. So happy end of the summer. Make the best of it. And be prepared for an...interesting year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment