Hello everyone! So I'm going to back up a little bit and blog about the week of July 19th. July 19th through July 23rd our church held a Vacation Bible School (VBS) for kids from the ages of 4 through 10 and I volunteered to help. We did things like sing simple praise songs, lead the kids on a "Bible Expedition," do fun arts and crafts projects, have snacks, and read bible stories. The volunteers helped with all of these activities and it was fun to be able to see the kids having a good time while learning about the Bible and praising God. :)
So back to this past week, I helped organize and deliver school supplies to the Lighthouse of Oakland County. These donated school supplies will be given to deserving children whose families can't afford school supplies during these tough economical times. I love kids and being able to help kids who can't help themselves. Helping them makes them happy and in turn makes me happy. So it's a win win situation.
Tonight, I'm making a cake for a funeral luncheon that is taking place tomorrow at my church. My church hosts funeral luncheons for members of the church who pass away and they need people to volunteer their time or make food for it. I volunteered to help make the desserts and I am also helping at the luncheon itself. I believe that I am going to help set-up, prepare food, and clean-up afterwards. I know this may not bring smiles to the family and friends of Gale Scafe (the man who passed away), but I know the Deacon's at my church (who ask for volunteers) appreciate it very much, and I'm sure Gale himself would appreciate it.
Last year, my Youth Group adopted a little boy from Guatemala named Fernando David Martinez Say who will be 5 in November. He loves playing ball and cars. He has 5 brothers and sisters and he is responsible for the cleaning. His father is a farmer and his mother maintains the home. We send him money every month so that he may grow and develop properly and we can also send him letters or gifts. My goal this week is to write him a letter and send him some toy cars. I am also emailing my "adopted" soldier this week. I know that Fernando will love the cars and they will make him happy and I'm sure my soldier will love to be thanked and appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment