Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Post 1: Hoofbeats on the Sand

Well hello everyone! It's about 9:45am on a Wednesday morning, and thus I bring you the first step in my new project! I realize the summer is burning up quickly, but that's just giving me all the more reason to get going on this one. I may end up doing less than eight pets, to put a quality-over-quantity spin on it. This way, I'll be able to better focus on my research and drawings. (This was a suggestion made to me by a close friend...and maybe it's for the best so I don't overdo it in these last few weeks. xD)

But I digress. The more important thing is not to tell you what's coming, but what has been accomplished. Or something like that. So last week, I was out of state, and not staying with any relatives. I was staying at a friend's house, and it was absolutely great! Though I did need to start on my project, so I asked her to be the first interviewee. She was very willing to help me out, and even more willing to talk about her favorite pet, which might surprise some of you. Her favorite is not one of her cats or her dogs, but her horse, Stormy.

Stormy is an Anglo-Arabian horse, about 15.3 hands tall at the withers. (The withers are a point where the base of the neck connects to the shoulders and back. A hand is a unit of measurement used for horses, equivalent to four inches. Therefore, he's about 61.2 inches, or just over five feet, at the withers. He's a short horse. :D) He calls his owner, Rachael, Mom and was definitely a pleasure to meet. (Finally, after being told all about him for months!) After I research Anglo-Arabs and get the pictures all sorted out, I'll be posting the interview itself to another blog for simplicity's sake. Then, I'll be putting all of the interviews and drawings over there, so I'll alert you to the updates via twitter and the blog!

As a note, the tag "puppypower" on my posts is there so you can see all of mine regarding this project very easily. :) And those of you who just started AVM and In Fact? I borrowed the books recently and have only gotten a few essays into In Fact, so you're not alone! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment