I am finally back from Tennessee and North Carolina! I was planning on blogging while I was there, but I had no signal on my phone, whatsoever and no computer access. So now I am freaking out about getting this project done!! Tennessee was fun, i stayed with my grandma and she did have a piano, so I got a little bit of practice time in! Also all of my family that lives down South are very elderly ha ha! So you can imagine the amount of singing I was subjected to despite my objections. North Carolina, on the other hand, was a different story. I had no piano, no computer, no signal, and little voice left for singing. I had a lot of fun though, being back is a relief I missed my own bed! I never thought I would be so happy to be home! I'm just sad school is starting up again so soon.
My car's transmission started going bad and it is currently up north being repaired so....I have no way to get to my lessons for the whole next week! I am still practicing though! I am supposed to be having a voice recital in September at sometime, and I have a piano performance for church at the end of September. In October I am scheduled to sing a solo for church, so I am really concentrated on fitting all of this practicing into my schedule. I like singing but I don't like the songs I am chosen to sing for church. They have meaning for the people that are listening and they do have meaning to me, but I just don't feel as strongly about them as some people so it is difficult to add the emotion to them that I am being trained to do. So even though I love to sing, it is becoming frustrating and way more stressful then it should.
As for my piano pieces, the one I am playing for church is called Holy God Almighty, I know, it sounds weird, it is a really pretty piece though and I almost have it memorized so I am excited to play. I am playing Fur Elise right now for a recital I will be having in April or may, its a very difficult piece to learn but I think I am getting the hang of it!
I hope everybody is having a good summer! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment