Tuesday, August 10, 2010

fourth post

Hey Guys,
so "Wash for the Cure" is still in major preparation and is in need of some help. So I am making posters that me and friends will be holding up. One of them say "Save Your Chest", others say things like "Only $2.00" and "HELP THE CAUSE." Hopefully these will catch drivers attention and get some donations coming our way. The only thing really left to do is to get all the supplies. I am going to need tons of sponges, tons of buckets, and also tons of towels and soap. I tried to ask for donations of these items, many places said they would be willing if they had those items. So, it looks like I will be trying to get all of that from local dollar stores. I really hope all of the people that said that they will help, pull through. Last thing I want is too have all this stuff ready to go on August 22nd, and not have enough volunteers. That would ruin everything, literally. Some of the people that said they would help, seem pretty serious. Others, not so much. I talked to Susan G. Komen the foundation I am donating to and they are more than happy to take them. I am glad that I decided to do something that will not just impact a few people but the community as a whole will see my efforts, and hopefully appreciate them. After this project is done, and the summer is over I am still planning on having more fundraisers to fight for the cure of breast cancer. I have always thought about doing things like these, but never got up to actually do them. Now I know that these things are possible, and my goals can be achieved. Thanks guys for reading, and remember if you would like to help wash cars you know where to contact me(:

No comments:

Post a Comment