Thursday, August 26, 2010

Post 8

Summer is almost over. We only have about 2 weeks left and I believe that my project was a big success. If you haven't already guessed I PASSED MY FREESTYLE TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It went really well. With this kind of test there are 3 judges but you only need two of them to pass you and it is really hard to have all of them pass you. I guess that they were in a good mood Tuesday because all 3 of the judges passed me!!! After reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle I discovered a few similarities between Barbara Kingsolver's project and my project. She was very passionate about only eating locally grown food and food that she and her family grew themselves. Like Kingsolver I am passionate about my skating. It was very important for me to pass this test. At the beginning of the summer I never thought that I would have gotten this far in 2 months. This project has been fun but it has been a lot of work. Another thing that I have learned from this project is that if you set goals and really push yourself then you can accomplish a lot. In Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, Kingsolver had been wanting to start her project for a long time then she pushed herself and finally did it and she stuck with it all year. My project might have not been an entire year but it still took a lot of sacrifices with all of the early mornings, long practices, and competitions. Even though the summer is ending and the project is over I am going to keep working hard on my skating. I will have more going on with school starting, synchro practices, and competitions but I am not going to let that interfere with my individual skating. I hope that everyone's projects turned out well. Enjoy the rest of summer!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment