Friday, August 20, 2010

Fifth Blog by Ashley McDonald

Hi guys! So, this is my fifth blog and it's definitely nearing toward the end of summer... I've been incredibly busy; attempting to balance a new job, a swim team (that practices twice a day!) and reading for this class, PLUS this project! Whew, to say I have a lot going on is an understatement.

Anyways, I was practicing today, and I'm so excited, because I was playing GREENDAY! Yes, I admit, a very SIMPLE Greenday version (it wasn't exactly a sweet guitar solo). But I'm practicing something called power chords. These chords aren't your regular chords; they sound sort of minor (for all you musicians that know that term) and they're way easier than regular chords! I'm still attempting to get regular chords down, actually. I have a problem with buzzing strings. It's like my fingertips get in the way of other strings, and creates an obnoxious buzzing noise. Urgh, how come the guy on the video never buzzes?! I guess the saying "practice makes perfect" really is true for this one. I just gotta "tough it out" (as the guy on the vid said) and keep on practicing! Which is exactly what I plan on doing, because Green Day is sounding really cool. I'm pretty sure the song for these power chords that I learned is Boulevard of Broken Dreams? I know for sure that I recognize that it's Greenday, but is it that song? Hmm. I better look up that song on Youtube. Ahhh, thank gosh for youtube.

Well, I'm going to get back to practicing. Bye guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment