So this is the first blog of the second half of this project. Pretty exciting, isn't it? Well, anyways, I've been away at camp for the past week, so I wasn't able to blog or work on my project, which is a little depressing. So I'll be writing about the accomplishments I made on my project two weeks ago, which I have yet to document. I was able to get a start on the solo section, which is starting to sound pretty awesome, in my opinion. I'm starting with the snare solo, and then moving on to the other instruments. I might have them play rim clicks when they're not playing, but I'm not sure yet. I'll have to hear it before I make any decisions about that. That's just about all that I've done over the past two weeks. That makes me feel sort of lazy.
This week, I think I'll be working on the tenor solo, and possibly the bass solo, if there's time in my schedule. But there probably will be, seeing as how I have the whole week off from marching band. This project has been going pretty nicely, for the most part. I'm glad for that, because if it was the opposite of that, I'd probably be freaking out. So I guess I've gotten pretty lucky this summer.
So, that's my plan, and I'm going to try to stick to it. I really hope it sounds good when it all comes together. If it sounds really good, it even be played by us for a post-game show or the drum-off. But probably not, seeing as how this is my first cadence, let alone my first attempt at writing one. I'm actually amazed I've gotten this far at all. Anyways, we'll just have to wait and see. My next post will next week, so goodbye until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment