Sunday, August 29, 2010

Numero Seis!

Ah alot has changed since last I posted. Finished creative nonfiction and almost all of the chart, though I am having trouble with the connection box (differentiating writing style is sooo not a strong point for me.) Just started Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and for some reason I always thought miracle was mineral. I had a bunch of trouble trying to find it online just because I put that in the search hah. The projects going well too, most of my poems are written. I wanted to include my favorite poem in there somewhere but it just didn't fit into the subject any way I tried to make it. But it is real pretty:) see for yourself:

I can't forget
how she stood at the top of that long marble stair
amazed, and then with a sleepy pirouette
went dancing slowly down to the fountain-quieted square;

Nothing upon her face
but some impersonal loneliness,- not then a girl,
but as it were a reverie of the place,
a called-for falling glide and whirl;

As when a leaf, petal, or thin chip
is drawn to the falls of a pool and, circling a moment above it,
rides on over the lip-
perfectly beautiful, perfectly ignorant of it.
-Richard Wilber

Thank you Mrs. Ritter for giving my class so many packets of homework, because I happened to find this on one of them and it touched my heart haha.
I'm giving myself a goal of being done with everything except maybe the paper on Thursday with 4 days to spare before school starts. I figure I have to be able to have a life for a least a few days before my schedule is so packed I won't have time for anything at all. I'm pretty mad at myself for not starting everything earlier, I'm definitely feeling the pressure now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment