Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Post 5
The week is only about half over but I feel like I have accomplished so much at skating. I mentioned in my last post that my coach wanted me to do a freestyle competition so now I am working really hard to be ready for it. Usually when you are going to do a competition you have to register for it months in advance, but I was late registering for it so I didn't have as much time to prepare for it as I usually would. The competition is on August 13 in Lansing which is a little over a week away. I was nervous for this but after my lesson this morning I feel much better. I was working on my spins a lot this morning and I got my scratch spin and almost got my sit spin. Even my jumps have gotten better. I landed my flip jump and loop jump. It has taken a while but I think that I have found out what I was doing wrong with my spins. When you are starting to go into a spin you need some speed so you start by doing backward crossovers in a circle. After about 2 to 3 back crossovers hold a deep right inside edge. Step onto your left foot and hold a very deep outside edge until you begin your spin. Here is where another one of my coaches told me what I was doing wrong. Along with having a deep edge into your spin you also need to press your left pinky toe into the side of your skate and put all of your weight on it and to get even more weight into the spin you need to tilt your head into the spin. After you have leaned into the spin you have to keep your leg out parallel to your hip until you have gotten in to the spin, then cross your left skate over your leg and slowly lower it across your left skate. When you start to slow down push out backward on a right outside edge to exit the spin. Well I have another lesson tomorrow, I hope that everything keeps improving!!!http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ve3ELbE9Tc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment