Tuesday, August 31, 2010

6th.. i'm getting there!

Ugh. Things are getting harder and harder to keep up with. I've gotten so behind so i'll probably be posting the last to this week also. I started practices for dance three days a week a few weeks ago and between reading, blogging, tweeting, practicing, and keeping up with family things it’s hard to find time. I did finish AVM though..i’m so happy I finally did! I also am close to where I want to be with In Fact. I haven’t really journaled about dance at all, but I did for softball. I want to start journaling for dance but I’m not quite sure where to start. Hopefully I can figure that out soon.
Anyways, about poms. Right after camp we started practices on Monday and Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. We continued to practice the routines we learned from camp for the first few practices but then we mainly focused on Holly’s pom routine since we would be doing that dance for the first game and the freshmen walk-in. We also learned (or relearned) the second dance we’ll be performing , Jump.
The practice after we learned Jump we just continued focusing on Holly’s dance for that week. We set formations up and started cleaning the dance right away. We have to do this in order to be completely ready come time we actually perform the dance in front of everyone. The following week after that we learned the little mini pom routines that we would be doing for pre game with the band. The way things are set up is half of us on one side of the band and the other half on the other side, so it’s kind of tricky to know if everyone is on the same counts so we began practicing that like crazy to make sure we’ll all be set. Since this week is the first game we worked on perfecting the routine, as well as learned the routine we would be doing for the parade at Cedar Point next month and we continued to practice pre game. I’m really excited for our first game this Thursday I really hope things go good! I know all of us having been working really hard so hopefully we can go out on the field and show everyone how much we love doing what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment