I'm back and here to report on my composing adventure! Anyways, this is my sixth post, as you probably already know. Well, I finished the solo section, and it's sounding pretty nice, if I do say so myself. I did the tenor part and the bass part this past week, so that's pretty productive, since the solos are the hardest part of the song, as far as playing and writing. I did decide to have the other drums play rim clicks during the solos. Well, now I'll move on to my plans for this week.
This week, I'm going to do some sort of transition, then repeat back to the main section of the song. That's one possibility. Another choice is that I could write another sort of groove section, and then end it. They are both really good ideas, so I really won't know until I sit down, look at what I've already written, and start writing. Hopefully I won't just draw a blank and not be able to do anything, but that hasn't happened yet, so that's a good sign. We'll just have to wait and see.
That's the end of this week's post. Writing three hundred words every week, hasn't been as difficult as I expected. But anyways, after I finish writing this, I'll be three quarters of the way done with this project. Pretty exciting, is it not? Well, I think so at least. But still, there's a ways to go until it'll be totally complete, plus I still have to edit, revise, and get it printed, which will take work. Well, I think that's all for now. This is Alex, and I'll be back next week with a new post detailing my results and mistakes, but hopefully there won't be too many mistakes this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment