Monday, August 23, 2010

number five, late late late.

I need to get on a better schedule with these, oh man. Well, I did it I finally the car wash was a success! I raised almost $200 dollars for Susan G. Komen (Breast Cancer Foundation!) It did take a lot of time, and frustration though. When I first started it was cold and cloudy, and it didn't look like it was going to be an enjoyable experience. People who said they were going to help, didn't show up. A few people stuck to their word and showed up though. We would be dead f0r a while, and just focus on holding up the signs, and having a good time. Then, business would come in and we would have five or six cars backed up. That is when having more people would have came in handy. We took a lot of pictures and videos that I am going to make a slideshow of to show you guys when school starts. I still have to get all the money gathered up, and sent away, and see what the foundation has to say. This part is the most exciting, to see their reaction. Just knowing that I am helping a little bit, makes me feel very accomplished. I am going to stay in touch with the foundation to see any further things I could possibly take part in the future. This whole experience has inspired me to just get out there, and put your ideas to the test. Don't be shy to help, if you have the enthusiasm go for it! Before this, I would always feel the need to help, or volunteer for things, but I was always too shy. This time I went for it and it actually turned out for the best. I made sure to thank all the people that helped, and Overtyme for allowing us to do this in their space. I don't think I would change a single thing about it, and I can't wait to see the reaction. I am also gathering further donations from my friends and family. So, I hope this helps! I hope you guys read my last three posts about how all of that is going. Including, the production of my slideshow, which I am clueless on how to do, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment