Just had my 3rd jump training session and yes it still kicked my butt. I only have one more week left and then it's up to me to train on my own. My last session I did a series of box jumps, ladder drills, and of course weight lifting. Surprisingly it seemed easier, even the 30 inch box! I can start to feel a difference and some of my team mates say they can see the difference in my rebounding, so I'm thinking my hard work is finally paying off. My food log is working out great and I am eating more protein which is helping me in all my work outs. Since basketball has cut back I will be able to focus more on my jumping for the last couple weeks of summer.
Part of me is happy that my training at VIP is done, but the other part of me is nervous because I am going to have to have the will power to do it on my own. I will have all of my work outs that I have been doing at home and all of the exercises I do at VIP, plus all of the tips my trainer has giving me so I will be prepared. I am not thinking of this as the end but as the beginning to another challenge. One thing I am lacking is the equipment, I don’t have any boxes, agility hurdles, or a ladder. Luckily my dad said we could make some boxes, so that will be a fun project! I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do about the other two but I'm sure I will figure something out and I'll let you guys know in my next blog.
Besides my jump training I have been doing a lot of reading and I'm really enjoying Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I am not very far into the other book, so I better get reading! I found these really sweet basketball shoes but I am not allowed to get them until I finish one out of the two books so I will keep you guys posted on how that works out.
Hope everyone's projects are going well and everyone's enjoying these last few weeks of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment