Have you ever been sifting through your old school work and come across something you completely forgot about? I have.
8th Grade:
Right now? I'm watching my brother and sister melt into the T.V.. Sofia, slightly more mature than her younger brother resists to shout: "I want that Mommy!" after every cheesy toy commercial. What has this world come to? The media has grown into a gigantic mind-bending monster that none of us seem to want to face. It controls how long we are physically active, our money spending, even our opinions. Poor little Cash, my youngest brother. He's already being sucked into the huge multi-trillion dollar industry of television. The media can do whatever it wants. It has some pros. Many cons. What we, as an American population, needs to do is stop paying so much attention to all the things the media tries pushing on us. We need to take care of ourselves before we start worrying about Britney Spears.
A poem about my sister:
Sofia so funny, so cute, so sweet
Sofia the princess, one you should meet
Sofia the flower, a wonderful friend
Sofia is there, all the way to the end
Even when she's sad, a terrible thought
Sofia is never negative or even distraught
Sofia the brave, Sofia the meek
Sofia the star, Sofia with pretty feet
Whatever the case, in every which one
Sofia is a sister, my shining sun.
I thought it would be a good reflection of how I've grown as a writer to show some of my earlier work. Enjoy the end of summer guys!
i like the peom!!! its so cute : )
ReplyDelete