Saturday, August 14, 2010

5 down, 3 to go!

Time to blog again! I hate procrastination, but it always seems to happen to me. Don’t you hate it? Well this blog is about last week when I worked out since I wasn’t able to get a blog in before I went camping, which was super fun! But anyways, the weight lifting has slowly turned into working out not just lifting weights. I’ve realized that I don’t have to only lift weights to build muscle but I can work out and exercise to build it also. This way I am getting a good even work out for my whole body. Last week was the first week of conditioning before football practice started. It was only an hour in the morning, but it sure felt like a lot longer than that. The coaches like always, exercise us like crazy to get us in shape for the season. Apparently I was not in as good as shape as I thought I was considering that I threw up and got really dizzy in the middle of our running drill on the second day. That second day had to be the worst, because our coaches had a man from the Army come and work with us and boy did he like running. We ran so much I felt like I was going to be sick more than once. I was worried when I thought he would be working with us every day, but I guess it was only a one day thing. The next day on Wednesday, we did a lot of running but not as much as Tuesday. We did do more in-place drills though. The worst part was when he made everybody do 80 down ups! If you do not know what down ups are it’s when you stand chopping your feet and every time they blow the whistle you have to drop your chest down to the ground and stand right back up and start chopping again. Now imagine doing that 80 times, pretty exhausting. I’m glad they gave us a break every 20 though. I was only able to go to 3 of the conditioning days because I left for camping on Thursday which I was so thankful for because I could not do anymore! This week was the first week of practice, but I will talk about that in my next post! Hope it is going good everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment