Nothing. I just like to run. It's an interesting question, though, that most runners get when they explain to other people that they actually enjoy running. Or "Who's chasing you?" You also get a lot of "you know, if you drive you'll get there faster." Which is true, and sort of funny.
Anyway. right now I'm in a little bit of a mid-summer downtime with my program. I think I said before that one of my main concerns is getting to a point where my ankles and shins are too sore for proper training. So I've slowed it down a bit. Plus it's freaking hot and in order to avoid the heat, you have to get up at approximately three in the morning. That's not really my style. So I've gone down a notch or so before pushing my mileage back up. I also find that I have a harder time getting motivated to stay in shape during the summer than I do during the school year. This is a little odd, because I have so much more time during the summer. But I think part of it is getting into a routine during the year. I tend to eat a lot healthier too, since I have to pack a lunch rather than just going to the refrigerator and eating whatever happens to be there.
I did complete an 8-mile run on Wednesday, but it was pretty indifferent. I had left my i-pod in my wife's car, and so I decided to just go without music, which is pretty rare for me. In fact, I'm sure this was the longest run I've ever done without either music or another person along with me. It's a little sad that this makes running so much more difficult, but I do find that having some sort of distraction or motivator makes a big difference.
So, I have the idea for my blog: the best running music I know. I'll post it soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment