Saturday, August 14, 2010

Post 6 :)

Well here we are 6 weeks into the project and only 2 more required posts left! It's such a relief, yet such a downer. As summer winds down to an end my work is just beginning. Jump training week 4 (last session at VIP) was a success, well partially. I went in on Wednesday for my fitness evaluation and to see how I progressed and I was quite surprised, my results were pretty good. To start things off my vertical jump didn't increase, but I'm not counting this as a failure, I still have the rest of the summer! I did improve in a couple other areas though which can only help me in the future. My hex jump was 2 seconds quicker, I could do 10 more box jumps in a minute than the first time I took the test, and I could lift 25 more pounds when I lift weights! My trainer ensured me that if I keep practicing these drills that within the next month I would see results in my vertical. I plan on continuing to work on my vertical until November when basketball season starts and even if I don’t increase my vertical a tremendous amount, I can only be getting faster and stronger. I lost a couple pounds and decreased my body fat percentage, which my trainer said would help make me quicker. It has been fairly easy to stick with my diet, if that’s what you would like to call it, I am actually eating more when I stick with the plan so its fine with me. I was planning on making boxes this week but I am writing this post from up north so the boxes will have to wait until I return. Because it was my last session my trainer wrote down a few workouts that I can continue to do to help with my jumping. Although the results didn't show that I can jump higher, I can definitely feel a difference; I feel stronger and lighter. All and all VIP was a huge help because there is no possible way I would have known where to start if I attempted to do this on my own. My next 2 posts will be about continuing my progress and being able to push myself as hard as I worked at VIP. Now I better get reading since summer is slowly disappearing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment