Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Post 7

Well my project is almost done!!!!! Next Tuesday is testing and I am ready to be done with this freestyle program. I think that I have made a lot of progress this summer but it's not over yet. I still have a few more practices before Tuesday. I skated this morning and it went well but I have to miss tomorrows practice because of synchro. Lakeland has a synchronized skating team called Team du Coeur. The season started about 2 weeks ago but tonight we have an overnight team building ropes course. Skating on a synchro team is a great way to build your strength and speed for your individual skating. The downside to team is that it takes up a lot of your time. Regular practice is every Tuesday night but there is also Saturday and Sunday practices and there are competitions about every other month. There is a lot of skating involved but it is really fun. In my last blog I talked about my competition and how I thought that I would do well. I am glad that I did it but it didn't go as well as my coach or I was hoping. Competing alone is a lot scarier than you may think. When you are doing a competition for synchro your whole team is skating with you so if you mess up all of the attention is not on you. My program started off really well and I wasn't even that nervous. After I got about half way through the program my mind went blank. I forgot what came next and I didn't know what to do, but one of the first rules of competing is that if you forget what to do you don't stop, you keep skating. I knew that I still had one of my combo jumps and a spin left so I did a few crossovers and did my spin and then jump. Somehow even with me messing up the end of it I still ended with the music. I am so mad at myself for forgetting this but my coach told me that I still did good because I landed all of my jumps and didn't fall out of any of my spins. Thats what has been going on with my skating this week. Now I will just keep practicing until Tuesday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment