Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm not sure if I ever posted this




Hello for number 6!


I just got home from a week long mission trip to the wonderful city of Minneapolis. There the Lord was good to us and sent blessings all week. At the end of the week we received a "REVERB" magazine. Trent, a youth works leader and new friend of mine, told us to check out the 10 K challenge. This seemingly small magazine has a plan! Give them a wonderful idea and they will send you ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS for your idea. It seems perfect. Now all I have to do is find my REVERB magazine and figure out a heart warming story. I'm now following Tyra Banks on Twitter! How exciting?! Any ways, this trip got me thinking. I don't need to reach my goal, I need to start the idea. Since I feel helpless in this big bad world, I cannot help it. I need to have an open adoption and give it to someone who can really accomplish stuff. One thousand dollars could decorate the whole cemetery. I'm going to keep my hopes up though. If in the last week of August I have no flowers, the least I can do is visit every grave. A quick in site to the past. This project shouldn't be about quantity. This is the type of activity to focus on quality. Like a drug, this project should reach out to all branches of life then hook those who get close enough. Great metaphor, right? But you catch my drift. This project though won't keep you from eating, socializing or living your life to the fullest. What if REVERB doesn’t choose me? Well then I’m going to get myself up to my church tell my assistant pastor what’s up and hopefully turn it into a service project for eighth and ninth graders who are entering confirmation. However I do it, I want to turn it into a Jesus job. I think heaven can bless it and do more than I ever could. Well actually I know it can.

1 comment: