Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Completion
A few days later than planned, but done. Normally it can take a year to write a children's story book. I wrote mine in less than two weeks. Not finished editting of course all of that is next weeks goal. The title: Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It's not what I had planned or expected. I came to realize while I was writing that my mind is far to complex for this. Which is the main reason why I probably don't write this kind of material, but I guess that was the point. I was trying something new. I was writing for a different audience. It's a short story. Nothing long and fancy, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I would have liked to do more with it and give the characters and their acquaintances more depth and substance, but there wasn't enough room, space, or time to do that. There are so many symoblisms in the story that I mentall tried to add. I realize hardly anyone who reads it will figure it out, but that's okay. I only did it for those that have a hidden philosopher inside them like myself. I can't even express my happiness that it is finally DONE! This summer has been too busy and it's a relief to have that aspect completed. It seems like everywhere I turn something else needs to be done and is demanding my time. In just a few more day I will post another blog and let you know how my pictures are going. I already have some of them which I did the week before last that turned out pretty fantastic. I'm looking for a simple converter (I don't want to deal with something fancy in photoshop) that will let me take my pictures and let them look like illustrations. If anyone knows of something like that online please send me the link. I'd greatly appreciate it. :) Good luck to everyone in our last few weeks of summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment