Tuesday, August 24, 2010

4th Post

I am proud to say that I'm proud of what I've been doing as far as my project goes. I've been making much better food choices and exercising. I'd also have to say it's really coming together in my head of how my project is alike and different from Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. So all in all, the past week has been a good time for my project.

Eating Habits: I've definitely changed the way I eat. My biggest step is that I've been eating way smaller portions than usual. I was pleasantly surprised when I figured out that I'm not starved. I thought for sure that once I reduced my portion size I would be super hungry all the time. Instead, I found I was just as filled as before. So, that is very good news. Also, I have been drinking diet pop as a substitute for when I crave some. I found that Kool-Aid, tea, and juice are a great substitute for Pop when you want a sweet drink. Also, my new found love are caramel apples. While maybe the caramel part isn't the best, it's an apple. I'd imagine a caramel apple is a better choice then some Doritos. As far as eating goes, I've definitely made a improvement I'm proud of.

Exercising: I've been going to the Kettering gym quite a bit and working hard. I have found that going with my friends isn't quite...productive. I thought it would be a good idea, but let's just say there's a lot of "Okay, Go" music video in the treadmills and an unnecessary amount of bouncing on exercise balls. On the other hand, when I visit the gym by myself I work really hard. I befriended a frequent gym-goer named Dusty. He knows a lot about exercising and he has been able to explain to me workout routines that would be most beneficial for me.

I think if I keep working this hard, I am on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment