So this past week I had one main goal. This goal was to write as many thank you letters as I could to soldiers who are serving our country overseas. This is something that I feel very passionate about and so I decided that I would make that my goal. I have written a total of 50 letters and I am extremely excited to be able to send them soon. I'm going to send them through an organization called "A million Thanks." There are several letter drop-off locations in Michigan, and I think I am going to drive out to Canton to drop them off. From there, the letters will be sent to deserving soldiers overseas. I wrote each of these letters individually, so they don't all say the same thing because I wanted them to be as personal as possible in the hope that each soldier will feel 100 percent appreciated.
My goal for this week is something that is extremely easy, but people tend to forget just how easy it is. This goal is kind of an experiment as well. It is to see just how contagious a smile really is. I am going to spread a smile everywhere I go. Whether it be while at the mall, or at the grocery store, or at a sporting event. I want to keep tabs on how many people gladly smile back. My hope is that this small smile could brighten somebody's day just marginally and hopefully they will pass on that smile and help to brighten somebody else's day. :)
Another idea that I have for this final week of my project is to volunteer at as many places as I can find. One of the places that I am going to volunteer at is Grace Centers of Hope in Pontiac and I am going to help in the kitchen. I plan on finding as many places that need volunteers as I can and offering my time to help others.
No comments:
Post a Comment