Friday, August 13, 2010

7 &new

Here's to the seventh.
I need to reinvent this project. I'm not going to lose hope though. I will give this idea to my church's confirmation group and hope they can do something with it. I can only pray that it will go somewhere. I also told Tyra Banks about it, but she hasn't messaged me back.

What's before the grave? Well life, of course. Besides a series of chemical reactions, life-human life for sure- is kept from straying by compassion. Barbra Kingsolver wanted to change the local growing effort by knowing all of the foods that entered her family's bodies. My original project of "Flowers for the Forgotten" was in change the local beauty by targeting a graveyard. Kingsolver's idea also could increase the beauty of the area. See the comparison I'm making .')

Back to my compassion thing. Some of the most neglected people are those fighting for our country. This is an already running project and all I need to do is really help. $100 for this project could easily help 25 pairs of feet. The idea of August 29th's "Wash Your Car & Save Their Feet" will help soldiers living in poor conditions. They have to worry daily about bacteria, fungus, disease and even lose of toes because of the conditions their feet endure. Boots are helpful for breaking sticks in your way or protecting your feet from a quick fire but what they don't do, is breath. Water can stay stuck inside their shoes for days. The inability to dry causes sores and other scary things to form.

My other project was started because of the lose of a friend but this one is in hopes of keeping friends going. After the senior class of 2010 left, I realized how many of my friends were actually joining the army, navy, marines or air force.

So, on August 29th at Calvary's White Lake Campus (9190 Highland rd. Across the street from walmart) my small group of 5th, 6th and 7th graders along with myself and a few friends will be having a car wash. It starts at 1 and will end around 4. We've used this idea before for mission work and it seems to raise a lot of awareness and funds.

1 comment: