Friday, August 20, 2010

Goods and bads, but the project will go on. (: week 6

Currently, I look like a chip monk on drugs. I got my wisdom teeth pulled around 9:30 this morning, all four of them. I was suppose to sleep it off today but I'm not tired, therefore I'm drugged up on Vikadin and trying to get stuff done on my project. (: So if something doesn't make sense or is spelled funny, that's why but I'm trying my best!

So, I never got to ask my Aunt Fay about the family due to the fact that my dad is the one who brought her home. It was easier since she lives far away, but close to his work and she is handicapped and can't drive. If she has time when she stops by tomorrow I'll ask her some stuff, if I can talk properly by then (having a mouth this big makes it a littleee difficult).

Also, with work and summer school andd my brother's birthday yesterday I didn't get the chance to look through my grandma's suit case last week, however if i find the time, energy, and focus this weekend I'll try. It might be a miserable fail though, since the german cursive in those letters are killers to my spirit. Though, yesterday was my last day of summer school. ('A' in health, top of my class, my mama was soo proud. Haha)

So the real progress I want to make this week is talk to my dad and get stories from his past, since his are always funny ones about my grandparents and he uses the accents they had. When you get his whole side together and chipping in it's quite a sight. But seeing as I hopefully will be sleeping this weekend and my parents decided they were going to do a ton of stuff this weekend (zoo with my niece Lily, wedding, buisness partners over on Sunday with his whole family) I might have to carry on this one to next week, which is fine. Also, I only work four days next week (I think my manager is annoyed that I always have to ask for time off though she does love me) there should be time for the long awaited trip to the haulocaust muesem. I'm sure a few tears will flow from both me and my dad, I don't know if anyone else will be joining us. I'm actually prepared for it, since I looked up the times and stuff with my dad a week ago or so. I'll have a couple tweets about it when I go.

Well the vikadin isn't keeping all the pain away, so i'm going to sleep and dream about my project. (:

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling of getting every wisdom tooth pulled out. D: Make sure to ice your cheeks for the first few days, then switch to heat. It'll help the swelling go down.

    ReplyDelete