Let me start by saying I have been afraid to eat everything since I've finished Animal, egetable, Miracle. Barbara Kingsolver has me so food-conscious I've seriously thought about fasting for months at a time. I guess it's either that, move out of the country, or eat nutritionally defficient food forever. Hooray for options? But seriously, her book is very informative and deffinately changed the way I feel about American eating habits, or atleast mine. Iwas especially impressed with her guts because ther is no way I will ever slaughter my own meat. Never, ever, ever.
Last week I said I spent the whole time doing half the lifeboats. Guess what I did this week? The other half of the lifeboats. And once again, my work has been mind numbingly tedious, but Alas! (I've always wanted to do that!) I shall be done completely within one week! Yay! Hoorah! PARTAY AT MY HOUSE! Not really. But I am excited because to be honest with you, I never thought I'd make it to the end of this fully intact. I literakky have nothing else to do except the rigging.
For those of you who don't know what rigging is, its all the strings and stuff that go on the boat...I think.
I guess the thing for me to focus on now would be how I'm going to connect Kingsolver's book to my project. I think I have a few ideas, but no obvious, in your face answers. The closer we get to the end of the summer, the more it feels like time has gone by so fast, and I can't wait for the upcoming school year. But while I'm excited for school, I'm really worried my last blog might not as insightful as I hope. But believe me, I'll try.
There is a party??? Just Kidding! Post some pictures of your boat for us soon!
ReplyDelete