Monday, August 2, 2010
Snap Shot and Weave
I guess because of my schedule I switched my weeks up a bit. So instead of finishing the writing, it was easier for me to get some of the photos done. They're actually turning out really well and since I know the direction my story is going in (it's just not written down yet) it was pretty easy to accomplish a good portion of it. The plan now is to finish writing and then the next week I will finish the pictures. Then design, layout, edditing, and my life will be complete. :) I went to the library today which I should have done before, but never had the chance. I checked out the children's section, picked up some of the books, and read through them. It turns out that I might be writing a mini chapter book with extra large print and an occasional picture. It sounds kind of weird, but I saw quite a few of those types of books there. My original plan was to write a straight up children's picture book with a simple story and message, but with my elaborate mind, extensive use of vocabulary (ha.ha.), and no experience the chances of that seemed a little out of my league once I dove into it. With that said, I'm doing my best to find balance and hopefully success. I have noticed that the further I go with my project the more it brings back my love for writing. It seems that I want to pick up the stories I had previously started writing and make time for them which was what drew me away from them in the first place. Hopefully, when everything I need to get done is accomplished I can continue to work on a story that has been taunting me the past couple of weeks. I'm actually really looking forward to that, but for now I must complete this. I love being a part of a new world especially one that I've gotten to create from my own imagination. I've always loved fantasy and now I get to weave it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment