Lately, I've been trying to get in touch with my creative side. It's kind of a mess, and with a mass of creative classes this year, I'm getting it back in order. I'm thinking kind of blandly, and so everything I write is sooooo boring! I want to write in a way that's more thrilling and unusual. Hahaha I don't even want to read my own writing, but it's getting better the more and more I write on a daily basis.
I decided a more effective use of my journal would be to make a writer's notebook. I've spent some time looking through it and copying down interesting things I've said and other things of worth. In the end, I'll probably use the writer's notebook more than a journal, so if I take anything from this project, I want to continue my writer's notebook. In essence, it's the same thing as my journal, but more portable and I tend to carry it around with me in case I get any ideas. I feel like I should've made this my project in the first place. It's never too late to start I guess.
The journal sort of gave me the foundation to start brainstorming and to start writing again. I started writing again the other day after a very long hiatus that started the first day of December. So, that's a good thing. I'm not really sure if my writing quality has gone south, but it'd be a waste to just giving up on writing altogether because I do really love doing it. Plus, I got my hands on some good young adult literature recently, and I'm feeling sort of inspired. It's been awhile since I've read books this engrossing and I want to write something that will entertain others as much as these books have been amusing me.
As the summer floats by, I seem to be getting more and more eager to get back to school. It's the time I get the majority of my writing ideas and I'm looking forward to taking in as much as possible! :DDD
I think one of the most creative authors I know of is Douglas Adams. You know, The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy? The third book is Life, The Universe, And Everything, and he will go off on these seemingly useless rants about the lunch breaks of guide editors and about how it is a mistake to think that you can solve any problem simply with potatoes, then somehow he manages to tie it all back into the story. I don't know if you are thinking about adding quirks like this to your writing or just trying to add energy, but he really has a unique style.
ReplyDelete