I know, I haven't posted in a week - bad Lauren. I've been extremely busy! Seriously, I have all this family stuff, appointments, and a new dog that I am babysitting. I even got a temporary job (poo) at a restaurant bussing tables. Which leads me too my first topic:
A lot of people just don't like eating vegetables. Why eat green stuff if I have something tastier? But then again they ARE at a restaurant, so they came to eat good food, right? Well, in a general sense you could eat good food if you make it too - really it's not that hard. I'm not just talking about lobbing cheese on your broccoli, which certainly doesn't help. Have stir-fry, you have a combo of meat and vegetable - it tastes really good. Maybe you could make something that goes really nice after a salad. Or other choice is having a vegetable soup. If you think about it vegetables can be delicious too.
Alright second topic: Last week’s mission. I was supposed to try salmon burgers and eggplant parmesan. I completely failed at the eggplant parmesan part by the way. Now the salmon burgers, they weren’t alone there was a bun and mustard and other garnishes to spice it up (so it’s not bland and boring). So I think I did a real good job of creating a dish that looked appetizing and mouth-watering. When I was eating it, I felt fancy – I don’t know why! – But it was just so small and neat. There wasn’t too much leftover oil or grease, just salmon. The burger was also light on my stomach so I had more room for those vegetables of course! The good part about them was the nutrition factor. It is similar to eating lean poultry or fish, and that means less fat and less of a lot of the unhealthy crap. I guess it was more natural that what I am use to eating.
Random ending posts: Some dogs enjoy vegetables too! On the other hand, they probably don’t really taste a lot of the food we give them. It’s just so funny to watch them gulp it down; I’m sure you could dip anything (like a doggie pill) in peanut butter and have them swallow it! They are so hilarious, I swear!
I hope you all learned a lot and had a great time this summer with your projects!
The Salmon burgers sound like a cool idea :)
ReplyDeleteHave you ever made fried rice? It's really easy, you make the rice (try replacing water with veggie broth) with the veggies, you scramble two eggs, then you dump the cooked rice and veggies on top of the eggs and add tamari sauce. For the most part I always saw baking as fun and cooking as a boring necessity, but this is really exiting to make!
ReplyDelete