Thursday, August 5, 2010

myTunes

There's nothing like a hardcore-hood rap song to bring the rebel in you. A guitar rattling, drum thrashing rock song to get you pumped; a slow, soft alternative love song to melt your heart. We listen to music to match out mood. If we're happy, something with a beat. If we're sad, something to make us cry. If we're pissed, something that swears a lot. Actually, It's kind of comical how dramatized we all can be without even realizing it. Rarely ever do we listen to music to change our mood unless done by force. It really should be the other way around. Maybe I'm cracked but, the way we should listen to music is to counter whatever negative emotions we are feeling. FYI: apparently country music leads to depression and suicide. What? Yup. According to accociatedcontent.com, cities where more country music is played on the radio are cities with higher suicide rate. Really?

When is the last time you actually listened to the music in a movie? I mean, without the sinister music back round in a horror film, you cant even take it seriously. Music makes movies more real because whatever emotion the actors are feeling is what reflects in the music. So, I performed an experiment. My littlest bother Cash is almost 3. On Monday, I put in a kids movie with little-to-none music (some crap on VHS). He kept interest. For the first 16 minutes. He figured he had better things to do. Tuesday, I put in a musically colorful Disney movie. He watched the whole way through. Now, I know its not really fair because I didn't use the same movie. I figured my 3 year-old brother might not have preference yet, so switched movies would be okay. Maybe not?

Teenagers use music to express themselves. Sad, happy, mad at the world. This crappy blog entry is officially over.

2 comments:

  1. That blog was hardly crappy. I know what you mean, the only reason I watch Pirates of the Caribbean is to listen to the music. I think that producers now-a-days only need to put a lot of special effects and awesome music in a movie for it to be popular. It seems like the movies with the weirdest story lines are becoming hits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Ocean. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete