Monday, August 2, 2010

Fourth Blog for the Guitar Project!

Hey everyone!! Ouch, it sorta hurts to type. As you probably know, my summer project is to learn the guitar. I practiced for quite a while today and trust me, IT HURTS YOUR FINGERS! When you're pressing down the strings for a certain chord, the strings basically dig deep into your fingertips. Not so fun. But it's worth it. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really hope to get calluses soon, so that my fingers don't hurt anymore!! I was dreading them before, but now I'm begging them to magically appear on my fingertips one day (tomorrow would be nice.)

Thank goodness for Justinguitar.com!!! This website is everything I need to know to learn the guitar, and I strongly encourage those that want to learn the guitar, to learn it through this helpful and awesome website. It's free, and his step by step course is idiot proof. You don't read an article about a certain chord and then figure it out on your own. Justin doesn't roll like that. He has several videos that is to be watched in a specific order for the beginner guitarist. He teaches you chords step by step, plus he never rushes (I find that teachers tend to rush, and it bugs me!) Plus, he's British... that definitely adds to the coolness factor! Anyways. The chords are going good! So far, I know the D chord, the G chord, and the A chord. I know, I know, only three chords? But I don't want to move on to other chords quiteee yet because I'm busy trying to perfect these ones! Sometimes my strings will make a buzzing sound, or they'll sound like a strum, and it's not supposed to sound that way, so it takes me time to perfect the chord so that each note sounds clear. It's really frusterating sometimes because it hurts my fingers so bad! Come on calluses. You can do it.

I have decided to make a chord chart! It's an easy thing to do. I draw out the chord on a notecard. I specifically write out which finger goes where. I write the title of the chord at the top, and I tape it up on my wall. So whenever I need a refresher on a chord, I can glance up, and BAM! There it is. :)

Good luck to everyone else on their projects, I enjoy reading about them!! Nice work and keep it up guys!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment